Wednesday, November 4, 2009

New Pots, Fresh from the Kiln




It's been a while, but I finally got some new finished pottery from the kiln! These are mostly the newly redesigned vases/jars I was talking about in my last post. I've been having some trouble with my blue and brown glazes, so I've gone back to using the old standards. So nothing completely "new," but man, I love these glazes! Nothing beats Malcolm Davis Shino, and the Tomato Red is a new favorite, especially paired with a brighter Celadon Blue.

And now I've got a few more pieces to show off at the show in Minneapolis this weekend.

So I'm thinking, why stress out trying to develop all new glazes. At least for now, I've got enough other things on my plate, and these look great just how they are! Let's leave this project for another day.

And speaking of new things on my plate, I'm working on this really cool new technique using colored clay slip on plaster molds... but you'll have to wait for the next post! I think there's
a "follow me" button on here somewhere you can click to make sure you don't miss it. Or you can follow me on Facebook, too.

(click here to see more of my work. Hey, you could even buy some for yourself -- I ship anywhere in the US!)

No comments:

Post a Comment